Island Bay United Junior Football Scholarships
Island Bay Junior Football Scholarships are intended to enable players to participate in club football where financial hardship would otherwise prevent them from participating.
Applications will be considered for a contribution to junior club players’ membership fees for players who reside or attend school in the Wellington’s southern suburbs and demonstrate the following:
- Financial circumstances that limit a junior player’s ability to participate in club football.
- Eagerness to play football and participate in the sport.
Scholarships will be awarded on an ‘as needed’ basis to potential IBU junior players. The maximum scholarship is the full cost of IBU junior membership fees for each player. As funding is limited, when submitting an application for a scholarship, please only apply for the amount required to enable the player to participate.
All decisions to award scholarships are approved by the Island Bay United Junior Football Club Committee and are subject to available funding. Applications for scholarship funding should be made prior to the beginning of the season.
Scholarships awarded will cover:
- Full / partial junior membership at IBU for the forthcoming season.
- Players must be eligible to play for Island Bay United Juniors.
- Be eager to play football.
- Committedto attending training sessions and scheduled games.
- Applicants need to demonstrate that the families’ financial situation would prohibit participation otherwise (all that is required is a brief paragraph supporting the application – space is provided in the application form).
Processing Scholarship Applications
Scholarship applications can be made by either the player and their family or a referrer with agreement of a legal parent or caregiver of the player. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be:
- Acknowledged within 5 days of receipt and any gaps in the application identified to the applicant.
- Submitted to the Island Bay Junior Football Committee at their next meeting, this committee will decide whether to grant each scholarship. All decisions are at the Committee’s sole discretion having reference to the Policy and the interests of Island Bay United Junior Football.
- The outcome will be provided to the applicant as soon as possible after the meeting.
If you have any questions or require more information please email email@example.com.