Futsal kicks off in Term 4 at the ASB Centre in Evans Bay.
What is Futsal?
Futsal is a global brand of football played primarily on hard court surfaces, with a heavier, smaller ball, and is rapidly growing in NZ. Futsal is an excellent way for players to develop their speed and foot skills and is widely used in the top international soccer clubs as the foundation of their youth football academies. Futsal has forged many of the world’s greatest players the likes of Ronaldo, Xavi, Messi, Neymar and Ronaldinho. Futsal is hugely popular at the professional level across Europe and South America.
Futsal quickly develops skills required for Football: – balance, motor ability, agility and co-ordination, ball mastery, accurate and quick passing and receiving, perception insight and awareness. Children learn through repetition and practice in small areas, this occurs naturally. As Futsal is fast and action packed, fitness is improved while learning and having fun. We find children love playing Futsal. It is exciting, many goals are scored, and the game is devoid of complex rules such as off side. Children learn so much faster if they enjoy the game and spend a lot of time playing with the ball.
What can the club offer?
- help with initial organization & registration of your team; either for already formed teams or for individuals who wish to be put in a team
- an IBU Shirt to play in
What about Coaching?
The club don’t currently have the resources to provide coaches so we would like parents to step into the coach & manager roles for the 6 weeks.
- Capital Football offer Futsal coaching courses
- IBU has aligned the club with the Project Futsal Academy for the keen futsal player looking to grow their skills and fitness. Island Bay United members receive a 30% discount on the Project Futsal Academy fees. Get in quick if you are keen because space is limited.
What does the club ask in return?
Simply that IBU appear in your name; for instance IBU South Coasters
What do I need you to do?
After reading the material below please email me your
- player name
- their year of birth
- the name of their IBU Winter team
& then let us know if you are:
- keen – If you already have a team organized please let me know who else is in the team
- not interested
Where do we play?
ASB Sports Centre, Kilbirnie
What are the dates?
1 October 29th
2 November 5th
3 November 12th
No Game November 19th
4 November 26th
5 December 3rd
6 December 10th
What are the Game Times?
Between 12 noon & 4 pm.
How long are the games?
- Two halves of 20 minutes
Which Age Grade would we play in?
- Players born in 2008 & 2009 play in the Under 9 Grade
- Players born in 2006 & 2007 play in the Under 11 Grade
- Players born in 2004 & 2005 play in the Under 13 Grade
Note girls can play 1 grade down if they wish
Which Section would be appropriate for my team?
- Teams need to select whether they want to enter in the A, B or C section of their grade during the registration process.
- From there teams will play the first two rounds as grading games to ensure competitive fixtures going forward.
- As a rule of thumb if your team is new to Futsal they should be initially entered into the C grade.
What is a good Squad Size?
- 7-8 players is ideal
- At any one time time 5 players are on the court; 4 in the outfield and a goal keeper.
- Players are freely rotated during the game.
What is the Cost?
$250/squad size… so $36 each for 7 players & $31 each for 8 players etc.
What about referees?
Referees are provided by Capital Football
If you have any queries please let us know by mailing email@example.com