Get in quick for the Island Bay United December holiday programme on Monday 18th December – Friday 22nd December, 9am – 3pm
Make your booking now join our Coaching and Development coach, Martin Garcia and our team of experienced coaches for the week before Christmas that will be filled with fun and football as always.
Register here or find out more.
Bookings are open until Thursday 21 December.
Term 4 Results
Warmest congratulations to the following IBU affiliated teams & their parent helpers for their sterling efforts in Term 4 Futsal at the ASB Centre.
The 8s, Dolphins, Burger Boyz, Pizzas, Sunday Sharks, South Coast Strikers, South Coast Goalies & White Tips.
We hope you had an enjoyable Sunday experience.
Also congratulations should go to the 11th Grade Sharks who managed to retain their U11 title from Term 1 with an unbeaten run culminating in a comfortable finals victory over Samba U11 on Sunday.
To the U13 players off to college next year we wish you all the best representing your schools in Futsal.
Term 1, 2018
Futsal in Term 1, 2018 starts on Sunday the 11th of February. The grades/age criteria have been re-jigged a little to help produce more competitive games.
- Under 10 | Players born in 2008 & 2009
- Under 12 | Players born in 2006 & 2007
- Under 13 | Players born in 2005
When you wish to register your team please use the registration link below.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy your summer break & this golden weather & we’ll see you all next year!
Monday 18th December – Friday 22nd December, 9am – 3pm
Can you believe it’s that time of year already? Join Island Bay United’s School Holiday Football Programme for all junior players. Make your booking now and join our Coaching and Development coach, Martin Garcia, and our team of experienced coaches for the week before Christmas that will be filled with fun and football as always.
Click here to register.
Futsal kicks off in Term 4 at the ASB Centre in Evans Bay.
What can the club offer?
- help with initial organization & registration of your team; either for already formed teams or for individuals who wish to be put in a team
- an IBU Shirt to play in
What about Coaching?
The club don’t currently have the resources to provide coaches so we would like parents to step into the coach & manager roles for the 6 weeks.
Capital Football offer Futsal coaching courses and we have aligned the club with the Project Futsal Academy for the keen futsal player looking to grow their skills and fitness.
What does the club ask in return?
Simply that IBU appear in your name; for instance IBU South Coasters
What do I need you to do?
After reading the material below please email me your
- player name
- their year of birth
- the name of their IBU Winter team
& then let us know if you are:
- keen – If you already have a team organized please let me know who else is in the team
- not interested
Where do we play?
ASB Sports Centre, Kilbirnie
What are the dates?
1 October 29th
2 November 5th
3 November 12th
No Game November 19th
4 November 26th
5 December 3rd
6 December 10th
What are the Game Times?
Between 12 noon & 4 pm.
How long are the games?
Which Age Grade would we play in?
- Players born in 2008 & 2009 play in the Under 9 Grade
- Players born in 2006 & 2007 play in the Under 11 Grade
- Players born in 2004 & 2005 play in the Under 13 Grade
Note girls can play 1 grade down if they wish
Which Section would be appropriate for my team?
- Teams need to select whether they want to enter in the A, B or C section of their grade during the registration process.
- From there teams will play the first two rounds as grading games to ensure competitive fixtures going forward.
- As a rule of thumb if your team is new to Futsal they should be initially entered into the C grade.
What is a good Squad Size?
- 7-8 players is ideal
- At any one time time 5 players are on the court; 4 in the outfield and a goal keeper.
- Players are freely rotated during the game.
What is the Cost?
$250/squad size… so $36 each for 7 players & $31 each for 8 players etc.
What about referees?
Referees are provided by Capital Football
If you have any queries please let us know by mailing email@example.com
If you’re keen to follow your teams in a mobile app then you can use Game Day by Sports TG.
It’s available on the App Store and google play.
To find your team, select Football, then search for Capital Football Federation. Then look for the grade and division to find your team.
From there you’ll see the draw. Note that results and ladder are only published for 13th grade and older.
Check out Marco Lorenz from the 14 Sharks showing off his supreme interview skills at the NZSS National Futsal Championships this week with this match report. Well done Marco!
Full interview here.