Trust you are all enjoying a relaxing summer break with family and friends following the Christmas festivities.
We would like to thank you all for making 2018 another great year at Island Bay United and we hope to see you all back in 2019.
For those players now entering college there is still plenty of football for you at Island Bay ranging from mixed and girls only grades through to the U15 and U17 boys. If players are unsure of their options in any grade please don’t hesitate to contact us.
But there is plenty of work to be done before the season starts in April. Below is some further information regarding key dates for registrations, fees and trials.
Registrations – 1st February 2019
- Player registrations OPEN 1st February 2019 – Close 5 March
- To register head to MYCOMET (part of NZ Footballs digital framework).
- You can use either email address or username to reset MYCOMET password.
- For a MYCOMET refresher and video how to guide please click here.
- If you are registering a new player for the first time please watch the video here
- You can also register for Sharks Trials using MYCOMET.
- There will be a Junior Registration Evening & Boots Swap – Thursday 14th February 6.30pm – 8.30pm @ Wakefield Clubrooms – So you can register in person.
Fees – 2019
- First Kicks – $100
- 7th – 8th Grade Mixed – $140
- 9th – 12th Grade Mixed – $140
- 13th – 14th/15th Grade – $140
- U17 Boys Grade – $180
- Girls Only Sunday League (GOSL) – $140
- Girls registering for both Mixed Grades and GOSL – $200
- Family Discount (3+ Players) – $300 max
All subscriptions are to be paid by direct deposit into the Island Bay Juniors account
Bank : Westpac
A/C No : 03-0578-0923426-05
A/C Name: IBUAFC Jnrs
Please enter player’s surname and year of birth as a reference, eg Smith – 2008.
*Remember to Click the Orange Pay Later button in MYComet.
Trials – 24th February & 3rd March 2019
Trials for the 2019 season are to be held on consecutive Sundays 24th February & 3rd March.
An additional 13th & 14/15th Grade trial has been scheduled 3 March if required.
Please remember all players to be registered and season fees paid before entering a trial. Only players registered with IBU will be allowed to trial.
If you cannot attend a trial but wish to be considered for either the top team or the second team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 24th February @ Wakefield Park
- 10am – 11th Grade Mixed (born 2008)
- 12pm – 12th Grade Mixed (born 2007)
- 2pm – 13th Grade Mixed* (born 2006) – 1st Trial
- 4pm – 14th /15th Grade Mixed* (born 2004-2005) – 1st Trial
Sunday 3rd March @ Wakefield Park
- 10am – 9th Grade Mixed (born 2010)
- 12pm – 10th Grade Mixed (born 2009)
- 2pm – 13th Grade Mixed* (born 2006) – 2nd Trial (TBC if required)
- 4pm – 14/15th Grade Mixed* (born 2004-2005) – 2nd Trial (TBC if required)
- 13/14/15th Grade GOSL (TBC if required)
*Players in IBU TDP Programme must attend respective trials to be considered for IBU Sharks teams.
We wish you all the best for 2019 and hope to see down at the clubrooms in the near future.
Island Bay United Gear
All IBU branded teamwear and accessories are available online from Ultrafootball.co.nz.
Head to the IBU shop page here and enter IBU17 in the access code.
If you fancy more things football including boots and replica gear head to the IBU Club Zone supporters page at Ultrafootball.com or click through from the IBU Shop page. There you can signup and receive 10% discount on any purchase.
All purchases on these sites helps support the club.
- 1st February – 2019 Junior Winter Season Registrations Open
- 20th February – 6.30pm – 8.30pm – Junior Registration Evening & Boots Swap
- 24th February – 10am – 6pm 1st Sharks Trials (11,12,13,14/15 Grades)
- 3rd March – 10am – 6pm 2nd Sharks Trials (9,10,13*,14/15* Grades)
- 5th March – Junior Winter Season Registrations Close
- 27th March – First weeks draws available
- 6th/7th April – 2019 Junior Winter Season Starts
- 20th/21st April – No games: Middle weekend of School holidays
- 13th/14th July – No games: Middle weekend of School holidays
- 31st August / 1st September – Junior season finishes