Futsal kicks off in Term 4 at the ASB Centre in Evans Bay.
What can the club offer?
- help with initial organization & registration of your team; either for already formed teams or for individuals who wish to be put in a team
- an IBU Shirt to play in
What about Coaching?
The club don’t currently have the resources to provide coaches so we would like parents to step into the coach & manager roles for the 6 weeks.
What does the club ask in return?
Simply that IBU appear in your name; for instance IBU South Coasters
What do I need you to do?
After reading the material below please email me your
- player name
- their year of birth
- the name of their IBU Winter team
& then let us know if you are:
- keen – If you already have a team organized please let me know who else is in the team
- not interested
Where do we play?
ASB Sports Centre, Kilbirnie
What are the dates?
1 October 29th
2 November 5th
3 November 12th
No Game November 19th
4 November 26th
5 December 3rd
6 December 10th
What are the Game Times?
Between 12 noon & 4 pm.
How long are the games?
- Two halves of 20 minutes
Which Age Grade would we play in?
- Players born in 2008 & 2009 play in the Under 9 Grade
- Players born in 2006 & 2007 play in the Under 11 Grade
- Players born in 2004 & 2005 play in the Under 13 Grade
Note girls can play 1 grade down if they wish
Which Section would be appropriate for my team?
- Teams need to select whether they want to enter in the A, B or C section of their grade during the registration process.
- From there teams will play the first two rounds as grading games to ensure competitive fixtures going forward.
- As a rule of thumb if your team is new to Futsal they should be initially entered into the C grade.
What is a good Squad Size?
- 7-8 players is ideal
- At any one time time 5 players are on the court; 4 in the outfield and a goal keeper.
- Players are freely rotated during the game.
What is the Cost?
$250/squad size… so $36 each for 7 players & $31 each for 8 players etc.
What about referees?
Referees are provided by Capital Football
If you have any queries please let us know by mailing email@example.com